ORLANDO, Fla. (OrlandoSportsFoundation.com) – With College Gameday at UCF, the center of the college football world will be in Orlando on Saturday night when No. 11 UCF host No. 24 Cincinnati with the American Athletic Conference East Division title on the line. The Sun Belt also features a matchup with implications for the west division title when first place ULM heads to second place Arkansas State.
The AutoNation Cure Bowl featuring teams from the American Athletic Conference and Sun Belt Conference is set for Dec. 15 at 1:30 p.m. on CBS Sports Network. The bowl’s mission is to bring teams together to find a cure for cancer.
The American Matchups
TULANE (5-5) at HOUSTON (7-3)
Thursday, Nov. 15 • 8 p.m. ET • ESPN
TDECU Stadium • Houston, Texas
- Houston holds a 16-6 lead in a series that started in 1968.
- Tulane looks to keep their three-game hot steak alive. They have held their last three games to under 20 points.
- For the first time this season, Houston looks to snap a two-game slide.
MEMPHIS (6-4) at SMU (5-5)
Friday, Nov. 16 • 9 p.m. ET • ESPN2
Gerald J. Ford Stadium • Dallas, Texas
- SMU looks to close in on the 7-3 series lead held by Memphis although Memphis has won the last four.
- Memphis is looking to take wins in their last two games in order to repeat American Athletic Conferences West Division Champion.
- SMU has won three of their last four games moving them into a tie for first in the West Division.
USF (7-3) at TEMPLE (6-4)
Saturday, Nov. 17 • Noon ET • ESPNEWS
Lincoln Financial Field • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- USF and Temple both look to gain the edge over the other in their 2-2 series.
- Following an 8-game winning streak, USF looks to snap their 3-game slide.
- Temple remains one game behind UCF in the American Athletic Conference East Division.
TULSA (2-8) at NAVY (2-8)
Saturday, Nov. 17 • 3:30 p.m. ET • CBSSN
Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium • Annapolis, Maryland
- Navy looks to further extend their 4-1 series lead against Tulsa.
- Both teams are 2-8, looking to gain an edge over the other in the American Athletic Conference West Division.
- Navy’s last three opponents (Notre Dame, UCF, Cincinnati) have a combined record of 27-1.
USF (7-2) at CINCINNATI (8-1)
Saturday, Nov. 10 • 7 p.m. ET • ESPNU
Nippert Stadium • Cincinnati, Ohio
- Although USF has won the last three meeting, Cincinnati holds a 8-6 series lead.
- After an eight-game winning streak, USF looks to snap a two-game slide.
- Cincinnati has logged two shutouts this season against Miami (Ohio) and Navy.
UCONN (1-9) at ECU (2-7)
Saturday, Nov. 17 • 7 p.m. ET • CBSSN
Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium • Greenville, North Carolina
- ECU comes into this game with a 3-1 series lead with the two most recent wins being in Greenville.
- Six of UConn’s first 10 opponents were unbeaten at the time of their games.
- After a 2-2 season start, ECU looks to snap their five-game slide.
CINCINNATI (9-1) at UCF (9-0)
Saturday, Nov. 17 • 8 p.m. ET • ABC
Spectrum Stadium • Orlando, Florida
- UCF holds at 2-1 series lead over Cincinnati, including a 51-23 win at Cincinnati last season.
- After a 35-23 win over USF on Saturday, Cincinnati has moved into number 19 in the AP poll and number 20 in the coaches’ poll.
- UCF will host College Gameday this Saturday as they look to continue their 22-game winning streak.
Sun Belt Matchups
GEORGIA STATE (2-8) at APPALACHIAN STATE (7-2)
Saturday, Nov. 17 • 2:30 p.m. ET • ESPN+
Bobcat Stadium • Boone, North Carolina
- Appalachian State looks to stretch its winning streak to 5-0 this Saturday.
- App state has only allowed single-digit scores in six of their last eight matchups.
- Georgia State’s Head Coach, Shawn Elliott, returns to his alma mater, App State.
ULM (6-4) at ARKANSAS STATE (6-4)
Saturday, Nov. 17 • 3 p.m. ET • ESPN+
Centennial Bank Stadium • Jonesboro, Arkansas
- With their win Coastal Carolina, Arkansas State become bowl eligible for the 11th time over the last 14 seasons.
- Arkansas State leads the series at 29-14.
- ULM gained bowl eligibility after their 38-10 win against South Alabama last Saturday.
TEXAS STATE (3-7) at TROY (8-2)
Saturday, Nov. 17 • 3:30 p.m. ET • ESPN+
Veterans Memorial Stadium • San Marcos, Texas
- Texas State looks for their third win in four games while Troy looks to stretch their 7-1 series lead.
- Troy enters the weekend with the eighth most wins since the 2016 season with 29 wins.
SOUTH ALABAMA (2-8) at LOUISIANA (5-5)
Saturday, Nov. 17 • 5 p.m. ET • ESPN3
Cajun Field • Lafayette, Louisiana
- Louisiana leads the series 4-2 and is one game away from being bowl eligible.
- Louisiana holds a 3-game at home winning streak–the best since 2009.
- This will be the last away game for South Alabama this season as they look for their first away-game win since 2017.
GEORGIA SOUTHERN (7-3) at COASTAL CAROLINA (5-5)
Saturday, Nov. 17 • 5 p.m. ET • ESPN+
Brooks Stadium • Conway, South Carolina
- Coastal Carolina looks to snap a two-game home game slide. However, they have also held those two opponents to a combined 23 points.
- Georgia Southern leads the series 3-1 even after a loss in Conway last season.